Regional Entry Level Institute (RELI)
Marquette University Office of Residence Life will serve as the host site for RELI.
The 2020 RELI has been canceled due to COVID-19. More information about the 2021 session will be available in Winter 2020-21.
What is RELI?
The Regional Entry Level Institute (RELI) for Housing and Residence Life Staff is a 4-day intensive seminar featuring a range of activities for entry-level professionals who aspire to mid-level positions in residence life and beyond. RELI is modeled after the National Housing Training Institute through the Association of College and University Housing Officers - International.
RELI Participants will:
- Attend sessions facilitated by experienced professionals in housing/residence life and student affairs faculty members
- Assess current skill levels and devise professional development plans
- Gain valuable practical information about movement to the next professional level
- Receive personalized guidance in mapping out short- and long-term career goals
- Help participants identify and develop skills and perspectives necessary to move to a mid-level position
- Create an environment for networking with faculty who are experienced professionals in the field
- Provide one-on-one and small group mentoring
- Create an environment conducive to connecting with other new professionals, providing support and the foundations for lasting collegial relationships