Conference Program Presentation Proposal
Thank you for your interest in submitting a Program Proposal for the 2020 UMR-ACUHO Annual Conference. This year’s conference will take place Wednesday, October 21 through Friday, October 23 in Fargo, ND
Please read through the information and resources below before submitting your Program Proposal. If at any point in the process you have questions, please reach out to the Program Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Program Proposal submissions are due by 11:59pm on May 15, 2020
Important and Helpful Information
March 16 – May 15 Program Proposal Form Submissions Accepted
June 17 – June 19 UMR-ACUHO Summer Meetings – Selection Process Begins
July 8 Notification of Proposal Status
September 1 Confirmation Due of Accepted or Alternate Program
September 15 Notification of Presentation Date and Time
In an effort to share information early and often, please note the days and times listed below when programs will be offered at this year’s Annual Conference. If selected, Program Presenters will be notified of their presentation date and time by September 15th.
- 1 session Wednesday Morning (10:15am-11:15am)
- 3 sessions Wednesday Afternoon (2:45pm-3:45pm, 4:00pm-4:30pm, 4:45pm-5:45pm)
- 3 sessions Thursday Morning (9:00am-10:00am, 10:15am-10:45am, 11:00am-12:00pm)
- 2 sessions Thursday Afternoon (1:45pm-2:45pm, 3:00pm-4:00pm)
The following is criteria that will be used to evaluate each program proposal:
- Content: The program proposal illustrates thoughtfulness, quality, and clarity.
- Learning Outcomes: The program proposal includes well developed learning objectives and illustrates how the learning objectives will be met throughout the presentation.
- Relevancy: The program proposal demonstrates a clear connection to one or more professional competencies/critical issues. In cases where none are specified, the program proposal content still is relevant and beneficial for UMR-ACUHO members and Annual Conference attendees.
- Organization: The program proposal demonstrates a well-planned presentation that would be engaging for attendees.
Following is a list of information needed in order to submit a Program Proposal. Please gather this information before submitting your Program Proposal, as forms cannot be edited once they are submitted.
- Program Title
- Presenter Information for each presenter, including First & Last Name, Gender Pronouns, Current Position & Institution, Position Classification, Email, Phone Number, if this would be their first time presenting at UMR-ACUHO, and any UMR affinity groups presenters may want to participate in
- Logistical Details, including accessibility needs, willingness to be recorded, and any additional requests for space or presenting needs
- Session Details, including desired length, proposed format, collaborative topic (if applicable), audience participation level, target audience, and maximum/minimum number of participants if applicable
- Presentation Content, including an abstract of 75 words or less, learning objectives, up to three functional area themes (based on ACUHO-I Core Competencies, found here: http://www.acuho-i.org/resources/core-competencies), and a detailed outline of the presentation