Conference Program Presentation Proposal
Thank you for your interest in submitting a Program Proposal for the 2020 UMR-ACUHO Annual Conference. This year’s conference will take place Wednesday, October 21 through Friday, October 23 in a virtual setting!
Please read through the information and resources below before submitting your Program Proposal. If at any point in the process you have questions, please reach out to the Program Committee at email@example.com. Program Proposal submissions are due by 11:59pm on June 8, 2020
Important and Helpful Information
May 18 - June 8 Program Proposal Form Submissions Accepted
June 17 – June 19 UMR-ACUHO Summer Meetings – Selection Process Begins
July 8 Notification of Proposal Status
September 1 Confirmation Due of Accepted or Alternate Program
September 15 Notification of Presentation Date and Time
The 2020 Conference will be a Virtual Experience. All presenters will present via video service using their own webcam and computer. This event will take place during the business day on October 21-23, 2020.
A full schedule will be available in July 2020.
The following is criteria that will be used to evaluate each program proposal:
- Content: The program proposal illustrates thoughtfulness, quality, and clarity.
- Learning Outcomes: The program proposal includes well developed learning objectives and illustrates how the learning objectives will be met throughout the presentation.
- Relevancy: The program proposal demonstrates a clear connection to one or more professional competencies/critical issues. In cases where none are specified, the program proposal content still is relevant and beneficial for UMR-ACUHO members and Annual Conference attendees.
- Organization: The program proposal demonstrates a well-planned presentation that would be engaging for attendees.
Following is a list of information needed in order to submit a Program Proposal. Please gather this information before submitting your Program Proposal, as forms cannot be edited once they are submitted.
- Program Title
- Presenter Information for each presenter, including First & Last Name, Gender Pronouns, Current Position & Institution, Position Classification, Email, Phone Number, if this would be their first time presenting at UMR-ACUHO, and any UMR affinity groups presenters may want to participate in
- Logistical Details, including accessibility needs, willingness to be recorded, and any additional requests for space or presenting needs
- Session Details, including desired length, proposed format, collaborative topic (if applicable), audience participation level, target audience, and maximum/minimum number of participants if applicable
- Presentation Content, including an abstract of 75 words or less, learning objectives, up to three functional area themes (based on ACUHO-I Core Competencies, found here: http://www.acuho-i.org/resources/core-competencies), and a detailed outline of the presentation
- Logistical Details, including accessibility needs, support needs for online presenting, and potential presentation software suggestions, availability/schedule for presentations