Conference Program Presentation Proposal
Thank you for your interest in submitting a Program Proposal for the 2021 UMR-ACUHO Annual Conference. This year’s conference will take place Wednesday, November 10 through Friday, November 12 in a virtual setting!
Please read through the information and resources below before submitting your Program Proposal. If at any point in the process you have questions, please reach out to the Program Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Program Proposal submissions are due by 11:59pm on May 28, 2021.
Important and Helpful Information
March 22 – May 28 Program Proposal Form Submissions Accepted
June 23 – June 25 UMR-ACUHO Summer Meetings – Selection Process Begins
July 10 Notification of Proposal Status
September 1 Confirmation Due of Accepted or Alternate Program
September 20 Notification of Presentation Date and Time
The 2021 Conference will be a Virtual Experience. All presenters will present via video service using their own webcam and computer. This event will take place during the business day on November 10 – 12, 2021.
A full presenter schedule will be available in July 2021. A complete conference schedule will not be available until Oct/Nov 2021.
The following is criteria that will be used to evaluate each program proposal:
- Content: The program proposal illustrates thoughtfulness, quality, and clarity.
- Learning Outcomes: The program proposal includes well developed learning objectives and illustrates how the learning objectives will be met throughout the presentation.
- Relevancy: The program proposal demonstrates a clear connection to one or more professional competencies/critical issues. In cases where none are specified, the program proposal content still is relevant and beneficial for UMR-ACUHO members and Annual Conference attendees.
- Organization: The program proposal demonstrates a well-planned presentation that would be engaging for attendees.
Following is a list of information needed in order to submit a Program Proposal. Please gather this information before submitting your Program Proposal, as forms cannot be edited once they are submitted.
- Program Title
- Presenter Information for each presenter, including First & Last Name, Gender Pronouns, Current Position & Institution, Position Classification, Email, Phone Number, if this would be their first time presenting at UMR-ACUHO, and any UMR affinity groups presenters may want to participate in
- Logistical Details, including accessibility needs, willingness to be recorded, and any additional requests for space or presenting needs
- Session Details, including desired length, proposed format, collaborative topic (if applicable), audience participation level, target audience, and maximum/minimum number of participants if applicable
- Presentation Content, including an abstract of 75 words or less, learning objectives, up to three functional area themes (based on ACUHO-I Core Competencies, found here: http://www.acuho-i.org/resources/core-competencies), and a detailed outline of the presentation
- Logistical Details, including accessibility needs, support needs for online presenting, and potential presentation software suggestions, availability/schedule for presentations
Ready to Submit your Program Proposal?
Submissions are due by 11:59pm on May 28, 2021. Contact email@example.com with questions or concerns.