Tradition and Recognition
The Tradition and Recognition Committee solicits nominations and recommends recipients for awards sponsored by the Association. In addition, this body of past UMR-ACUHO presidents seeks opportunities to share, advise, and counsel with the Association's committees, or serve on ad-hoc committees when needed.
The Traditions & Recognitions committee gives the following awards each year:
- William B. Sweet Distinguished Service Award
The William B. Sweet Distinguished Service Award is UMR-ACUHO's most prestigious award. The nominee should represent a standard of excellence thought contributions and dedication to the regional and international housing association and profession. The nominee's service should leave a positive and lasting impact, and they should be viewed as a role model for colleagues and new professions.
- Robert E. Mosier Professional Enrichment Award
This award recognizes an individual in the Upper Midwest Region who has made outstanding contributions to the professional development of their colleagues in college student housing. The nominee should have established a record of involvement in professional enrichment opportunities on their own campus, within UMR-ACUHO, and within other professional organizations at the state, regional, or national level.
- Outstanding New Professional Award
The UMR-ACUHO Outstanding New Professional Award is awarded in the Master's and Bachelor's categories. These two awards recognize an individual in the Upper Midwest Region who displays outstanding ability and potential as a new professional in college student housing.
- Support Staff Recognition Award
The Support Staff Recognition Award is designed to show appreciation to support staff members on our campuses (i.e., building service worker/custodian, administrative assistant/secretary, dining/food service employee, etc.). Every campus has deserving individuals who should be recognized for their outstanding contributions to the student housing community.
Visit the Awards & Scholarships section for more information & nomination materials. You must be logged in as a member to visit this page.
- Develop criteria, promote nominations and select recipients for Association awards.
- Recognize support staff for the contributions they make on their campuses.
- Promote and select recipients for the Frank J. Traver Presidents' Scholarship award(s).
- Raise money for the Frank J. Traver President's Scholarship fund.
- Appoint the UMR-ACUHO Archivist, and through this position maintain the archives, and update the UMR-ACUHO History Book.
- Assist, guide and support the association's volunteers.