Professional Development and Training
The Professional Development and Training Committee provides professional development opportunities for entry level, mid level and upper level professionals in the association on topics of business/financial administration, residence life, food service, facilities management, and central administration.
The purpose of the Professional Development and Training committee is to design, implement and review a comprehensive professional development curriculum through annual conference programs and other sponsored venues.
- To maintain the Professional Development Curriculum which reflects association mission, values, and goals.
- To provide training opportunities for all level professionals in the major functional areas of college and university housing: residence life, business/financial management, facility management, food management, and central administration. Educate and offer resources in areas of recruitment and retention of the housing profession.
- To foster personal and professional development to professionals of all levels.
- Solicit and sponsor two keynote speakers.
- Host annual Case Study competition for entry level professionals.
- Solicit and provide four webinars throughout the year
- Communicate information to the membership through regular submissions to the magazine, website, et al.
Mike Mueller (Chair), University of Iowa
Adam Berg, North Dakota State College of Science
Brittany Miller, Missouri University of Science and Technology
Erica Thompson, University of St. Thomas
Jesse Allen Thomas, University of Northern Iowa
Kenney White, UW-River Falls
Lydia Hayes, Minnesota State University Mankato
Megan Nemec, University of Kansas
Roman Peterson, Emporia State University
Sara Bowlin, University of Wisconsin - Madison
Tyler Pichen, University of South Dakota