Professional Development and Training
The Professional Development and Training Committee provides professional development opportunities for entry-level, mid-level and upper-level professionals in the association on topics of business/financial administration, residence life, food service, facilities management, and central administration.
The purpose of the Professional Development and Training Committee is to design, implement and review a comprehensive professional development curriculum through annual conference programs and other sponsored venues.
- To maintain the Professional Development Curriculum which reflects association mission, values, and goals.
- To provide training opportunities for all level professionals in the major functional areas of college and university housing: residence life, business/financial management, facility management, food management, and central administration. Educate and offer resources in areas of recruitment and retention of the housing profession.
- To foster personal and professional development to professionals of all levels.
- Solicit and sponsor two keynote speakers.
- Host annual Case Study competition for entry-level professionals.
- Solicit and provide four webinars throughout the year
- Communicate information to the membership through regular submissions to the magazine, website, et al.
Mike Mueller (Chair), University of Iowa
Megan Nemec (Chair), University of Kansas
Adam Berg, North Dakota State College of Science
Brooke Merry, South Dakota State University
Alysha Daley, Kansas State University
Klare Armstrong, University of Wisconsin-Stout
Nikki Nebosis, Bemidji State University
Cory Moen, University of Nebraska - Kearney
Joshua Buffalo Burns, Iowa State University
Attina Notch, St. Cloud State University
Roman Peterson, Emporia State University
Cedric Freeman, University of Wisconsin at Whitewater
Katie Kane, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Tyler Pichen, University of South Dakota