Professional Development and Training
The Professional Development and Training Committee provides professional development opportunities for entry level, mid level and upper level professionals in the association on topics of business/financial administration, residence life, food service, facilities management, and central administration.
The purpose of the Professional Development and Training committee is to design, implement and review a comprehensive professional development curriculum through annual conference programs and other sponsored venues.
- To maintain the Professional Development Curriculum which reflects association mission, values, and goals.
- To provide training opportunities for all level professionals in the major functional areas of college and university housing: residence life, business/financial management, facility management, food management, and central administration. Educate and offer resources in areas of recruitment and retention of the housing profession.
- To foster personal and professional development to professionals of all levels.
- Solicit and sponsor two keynote speakers.
- Host annual Case Study competition for entry level professionals.
- Solicit and provide four webinars throughout the year
- Communicate information to the membership through regular submissions to the magazine, website, et al.